Yey! I got a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is so awesome. I mean getting a nomination for a blog that has gone live for only a week. Definitely a superb hon…. Wait pause, what’s a Sunshine Blogger Award again?
So rewind for just a bit. Being that erikthehungrytraveller travel and food blog is just 2 weeks old I needed to generate more traffic on my site. Thus i stumbled upon the wonderful post of @TravelLit asking for 11 travel blogs that they can nominate for a Sunshine Blogger Award.
Being that the requirement is just my Erik the Hungry Traveller blog link i decided to shoot for the moon and commented on their post in the hopes of getting a nomination. To my amazement and joy I surely got a nomination. So let me thank the awesome people who run TravelLit travel blog for spreading the love and helping a fellow blogger out. Go check out their awesome travel tips and their amazing destinations around the globe.
By now you may get a bit of the concept of the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s kind a like the Pay it Forward movie of Hayley Joel Osment where you (you guess it)… pay it forward (neat eh)!
Kidding aside the Sunshine Blogger Award are for bloggers both new and experienced to help them out in the journey to blogging and help further make a name for themselves in the blogging society. This has a global reach. Thus if you get to be a part of the Pay it Forward scheme it does not only feel good but it gives you more marketability as a blogger.
I am definitely on board with this concept and i am sharing the love as we travel bloggers need to stick up for each other.
So what are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award 2018?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
And now (drum rolls please) Here are The Sunshine Blogger Award 2018 Questions that I inherited from the people of TravelLit.
1 How long ago did you realize your passion is travelling and how?
I always had that itchy feet genes growing up. As a kid I would always accompany my mom and dad on their travels. We had a small business in Leyte, Philippines where my father usually stayed. Thus me and my mom head there often to visit him and help out with the business (I was the charm of that business establishment).
My mom also travels to her hometown in Davao, Philippines thus it was also a perfect opportunity to spend time with cousins and my other relatives. Plus the food there is awesome thus I wasn’t complaining when we travel.
2. If you could have only one thing while travelling, only one, what would it be?
Just one? That’s pretty stressful?!? But if I have to choose just one Id have to go practical and choose my cellphone. I do not want to miss any beautiful scenery during my travels and in the event i need to call for help or get lost I can do that using my phone.
3. Do you prefer warm climates and beaches or cold climates and mountains?
I’m from the Philippines an awesome and beautiful island paradise. Where warmth can be felt not just in the climate but also with the people in my country. Heading to the beach, going on island hopping is as common here as walking your dog. With that being said I would prefer the environment that’s quiet novel for me thus I would have to go for cold climates and mountains.
4. What is one thing that scares you about travelling? What makes you at unease sometimes?
Freak accidents! Like you falling off a cliff, your bus exploding, your plane crashing, you drowning. My imagination is extremely vivid but good thing I also have an extreme short attention span thus i get distracted easily (also the reason why it took me this long to finish this blog whoops!)
5. Where do you get your travel inspiration from? Instagram, blogs, Pinterest? How do you find them?
I gravitate more towards human interaction. I get inspired by my friends stories about their travels or with fellow travelers i meet on my destination. Their stories inspire me travel more and grow as a person along the way.
6. Do you ever get homesick? When does the feeling usually hit?
The longest I have been away from home is like 10 months and that was just one time. I was extremely homesick during that time. Other than that my travel usually lasts for a 5 day max trip thus getting homesick is something that I have not experienced for a long time now.
7. What is the single best thing about travelling? ONLY ONE!
Here we go again with the “Must choose just ONE criteria”. But this question is not hard at all. It’s The People i meet while traveling is the Best thing about traveling. Listening to their stories about their adventures and sharing their life lessons while on the road are what make my trips memorable and inspiring.
8. Are you a natural person or a city dweller? Do you enjoy architecture and cafes or lush greenery?
I can say I am a perfect combination of both. I do not really prefer one over the other. It just mainly depends on my . travel mood. Perhaps this is mainly because i am an extreme lover of the arts. Aside from being a blogger i also paint and I take inspiration in the places I visit and I don’t necessarily gravitate to either nature or city scenes.
9. What is the most ridiculous and funny thing that has happened to you on the road?
One thing you need to know about me is that I am a walking klutz. I’ve already fell off a staircase, I trip on my own foot, I fell of a ramp, I fell face first while heading down from a bus. So yeah ridiculous and funny is not rare for me its normal.
10. Which country would you say have the happiest, kindest, most welcoming people?
Now I don’t want to sound bias but I have to say my country The Philippines. We have got the warmest smiles and we welcome visitors with open arms. Now to be fair with other Asian countries I’ve been to. The people are also very hospitable and friendly. I guess for me its a give and take. When your a warm and happy person the people around you will also reciprocate your mood and attitude.
11. On the spot, right now. What would be your ideal travel route for 12 months on a low budget?
Oh hands down a trip to Europe! I have always been in love with that continent and I would give up one of my kidneys (just kidding , err maybe ..) to be able to travel the place. I always admire the renaissance and scenic architecture of the countries in Europe. Plus Harry Potter lives there which I am a total fan of, like to the extreme level!
My Awesome and Deserving Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees:
- Anthony Forlizzi – The Shoestring Trekkers
- Dan Jet – Pursuit of Happiness
- Fe Amaya – The Journey Called Life
- Izyan Zul – Journey by Ira
- Joel Jaws Andrada- Joel Andrada blog
- Lulu Miranda Flamenco – The Globe Trotter
- Gleen Villacorta- The Brokenhearted Traveller
- Jessica Esa – Books and Bao
- Kathy Beth – Go Pack Go
- Andrei Teofisto – We Travel Fearlessly
- Lauren Bensadoun – Wandering Lauren
My Sunshine Blogger Award Questions to My Awesome Nominees:
- What inspired you to do a travel blog?
- In your travel adventures, what delicacy/ food are you never ever going to eat again?
- If Erik the Hungry Traveller is to visit your home country where would you take him and why?
- What was your most unforgettable travel destination and why?
- What was your most embarrassing travel story?
- If you can choose a famous person either living or dead to accompany you on your travels who would that famous person be?
- What is your travel journey mantra?
- Without thinking of the travel expense where is your dream travel destination and why?
- What is the single best thing about traveling?
- What item could you not travel without and why?
- When your not traveling what do you do at home?
So there you have it folks. I am passing on the baton to the 11 Nominees. Go spread the love and further prosper the 2018 Sunshine Blogger Award!